Networking events are a fantastic way to meet new people, make connections, and grow your business. However, it’s not just about meeting people at the event – it’s also about what you do after the event. Here are some tips for following up with new connections you meet at a networking event:
- Send a personalized email or LinkedIn message. This is a great way to follow up with someone you met at the event and show that you value their time and the conversation you had. Make sure to include a brief mention of something you talked about to remind them of who you are.
- Connect on social media. If you’re uncomfortable sending an email or LinkedIn message, you can always connect with the person on social media. This is an excellent way to stay in touch and continue the conversation.
- Set up a meeting or call. If you have a strong connection with someone and there’s potential for a business relationship, consider setting up an appointment or call to discuss things further. This could be a coffee meeting, a phone call, or even a video call.
- Follow up on any commitments you made. This shows that you are reliable and trustworthy. If you promised to send someone some information or follow up on something specific, make sure to do so.
- Keep in touch regularly. After you have followed up initially, stay in touch with the person. You could do this through regular email, social media communication, or even just reaching out every few months to see how things are going. This helps to build a stronger connection over time.
Remember, networking is about building relationships, not just making connections. Following up and staying in touch with new contacts you meet at a networking event can build stronger business relationships and grow your business.
At the Strategic Alliance Network, we help you develop your networking skills and have weekly events for you to attend for free so you can make the available connections you and your business need to grow.